"Greyhound Derby" free computer desktop wallpaper
Free desktop wallpaper of Greyhound Derby.
Free computer desktop wallpaper by unknown.
This wallpaper was submitted by one of the visitors. Please let us know if you know the author of this wallpaper.
Free wallpaper - Enjoy!
To download, choose the screen size you wish:
Click on the preview image if you wish to download desktop wallpaper with the biggest screen resolition available. For other screen resolutions, click on the links above
Taking Care of a Former Racing Greyhound
When you think of pets, one of the first images that come into your mind is a dog. After all, dog has always been called as manís best friend. Golden retriever, schnauzer, poodle, beagle, shih tzu, and collie are some of the most popular breeds that people love having as pets. But have you ever considered adopting former racing greyhounds? What some people donít know is that this breed also makes great pets.
They are not only excellent on the racetrack, they can also provide wonderful company to you and your family. After their racing career, they are often left in kennels. Or worse, they become homeless. If you would consider this option and welcome it to your family, here are some facts about this breed along with a few tips on how to take care of a former racing greyhound.
- Greyhounds are not plain gray. In fact, they come in various colors, some even have stripes and spots. Your child will enjoy picking a pet from an array of patterns and colors. Most of these dogs get along well with children so you have nothing to worry about.
- Do not allow your dog to roam outside on its own. Remember that this is a racing dog you are talking about. It can run as fast as 75 mph and unless youíre a cheetah, there is no way you can chase after your dog on foot. You always have to supervise your dog if you want to bring it outdoors.
- A greyhound is not a leash dog that you can tie up and leave outside during the whole day. This type of dog has a delicate long neck and should be given a specialized collar designed for this breed. You should walk your dog a few times each day.
- You need to train your pet. Many of these dogs lived their whole lives in the track so they may not seem pet-like at first but you can teach it on how to become a good pet by reinforcing proper behavior through treats and foods.
- Most greyhounds need medical attention. They are usually injured during the race. Itís possible that they have broken legs, sprained arms, or chewed down teeth. If you are going to adopt one, be sure to bring it to the veterinarian for a complete and thorough checkup. Be prepared to spend on veterinarian bills, as this is one important aspect of taking care of this dog breed.
- If possible, adopt two greyhounds. Greyhounds love company. But if you canít manage to have two dogs, you can also get cats. They like cats once they get used to them. Having a cat around the house will provide good company for the greyhound so it wonít get lonely. After all, it is used to having animals around him during his life in the derby track.
- Greyhounds are known for having short and soft hair. And since they donít smell or shed, you donít have to bathe them everyday unless they get really dirty after playing in the mud. But itís best that you brush its hair with a soft bristled brush often.
If you love Greyhounds or Greyhound races, download a free Greyhound Derby wallpaper for your computer.
To save this file to your desktop: right-click on the actual wallpaper image and choose "Save Picture As..." or "Set as Background".
For any problems, go to help
All downloads have been checked by webmaster. If you see a missing file/image (get "oups error page"), or if the pages are loading very slowly, please report this to webmaster and we will fix it.
Disclaimer: we do not claim any of these images to be our own creation. This image was submitted to this site by one of the visitors.
We appriciate very much the hard work and effort used to create them.
All wallpaper images have 'copyrights' and 'trademarks' of their creators and respected owners. If you do not see appropriate credit given, please let us know and we will correct it as soon as possible.